Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:07:59 -0600
From:         miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy - Front to Back Weight distribution
Comments: To: Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com>

Yup, when I posted, earlier today, regarding this, I think I neglected to specify that I was talking about an AW. I think I have mine a little better balanced, now, with the SVX and a dual swing away spare + basket bumper. Wow Larry, how did you pick up on that?? You clever feller! Thanks, Miguel

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com> wrote: > Volks, > > Been on the road for a few days so not up to speed on all recent > postings. > > But in skimming the digest I noticed their was a discussion as to > whether a Vanagon Westy > was heavier in the front and back. > > Over the years I have collected actual loaded and unloaded weight info > from many owners. > > The answer ... BOTH ... although they are close to 50 / 50 > > A Westy Camper with two people in the front and no to very little > water, LP  or gear in the rear "may" weigh slightly more in the front. > > A Westy Camper with two people and fully loaded with full water, LP > and camping gear will weigh slightly more in the rear. > > VW's Weight Capacity specs give us an idea of how these vehicles where > designed. > > http://www.roadhaus.com/tires/Vehicle%20Weight%20Carrying%20Capacities.html > > Comments: > > 1) With the exception of 1984 (slight difference) the only difference > in  GVWR & GAWR over the years was 2wd vs 4wd > > Summary: > > 2WD Vanagon or Camper > GVWR 5160 lbs > GAWR Front  2646 lbs > GAWR Rear  2866 lbs > > 4WD Syncro Vanagon or Camper > GVWR 5512 lbs > GAWR Front   2866 lbs > GAWR Rear  3042 lbs > > Note ... Adventure Wagons are different  .. they are heavier in the > front. > > > larry > roadhaus.com >