Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:16:14 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tires still...
Comments: To: JAIME E FORERO <jforero@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

At 12:39 PM 3/15/2009, JAIME E FORERO wrote: >Well I suppose one has to be very well fine tuned to know and feel a >great difference in performance between tires. After I bought my 91 >Vanagon GL and had to buy my first

Not necessarily...Dutiful Passage ('85 Westy) wallowed like a duck when we first had it, some kind of Generals on it. Replaced all the shocks with Bilstein, no difference. Put proper reinforced Michelins on it -- thanks to this list -- and passenger no longer had to grab for the handle every time we went around a corner. Quit blowing out the rear sidewalls, too (two separate incidents in two years, call me a slow learner). Last time I got tires for it (Agilis 81 I believe) I remember the shop guy bringing one out saying "These suckers are amazing!" They weighed a *lot* more than what the shop was used to, and the sidewalls were remarkably stiff.

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '89 Po' White Star "Scamp"