Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:13:35 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My overflow tank is full of oil!!!
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>

I pull the hose from the overflow and all blue until very end when turned brown and oily. No water on dipstick and no visible oil in expansion. Gonna run hot water through the overflow and refill w/new coolant and run in the drive and see what happens. Looks to me like just a little oil was on top in the overflow. Maybe Firestone did put a little in there and stopped. If this don't not re-occur I'm gonna ream em. they also noted on my receitp(kid took it in) that belts need replacing, but less than 1k on them and I called them and told them they were full of sh*&. Thanks. Update to follow. Michael in San Antonio 91GL AT 'Gringo' 73 Beetle