Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:07:43 -0600
From:         "John C..." <Trvlr2001@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon Rescue Squad;

Hi All, ( Resue Squad at work ! :o) I just updated my rescue squad info. On Larry's ( very neat ) site :o) ( tootin' my own horn ! ;o) No, not really ! :o) ( Very grateful? Yes ! :o) I was very honored to help and store a 84 Westy For a gal who broke down in the SLC UT area, While she got back to Canada (ahhh, Canada ! ( Ay :o) To make arrangements to have the bus picked up. ( sad for her, cuz she sold it. ) ( Good for Justin cuz he drove all the way down to the US . & bought it !! :o) Thanks for the cold case, Justin !!! ;o) Say Ay to the USAy! :o) It felt nice to give back a little, to a community that has given me Sooo Much !!! ( In Sooo many Ways !!! ;o) hee hee hee Thanks to Everyone !!! John C.

OK, headed off to Death Valley PS: I may be givin' you guys a call ! ( see below :o) & good on us all that are on the squad list !!

Displaying 3 closest volunteers in or near 89084.

Nathaniel "Skip" Emmert-Keaton

LAS VEGAS, NV 89103

Phone: 702-253-7966

Email: <mailto:skip@skipemmert.com> skip@skipemmert.com

Comments: We have a place to park, some tools, very little expertise, and a web connection to look for answers.

Located 14 Miles from you.

Near: 36.34 N 114.89 W

_____

Andy and Cindy Blair

LAS VEGAS, NV 89123

Phone: 702-250-3581

Email: <mailto:andyblair@cox.net> andyblair@cox.net

Comments: My mechanical knowledge is limited, but we can help with transportation and a place to stay.

Located 20 Miles from you.

Near: 35.99 N 115.16 W

_____

Joseph Fortino

LAS VEGAS, NV 89129

Phone: 233.9981

Comments: place to work and some tools/help

Located 34 Miles from you.

Near: 35.79 N 115.18 W

_____

Any other contacts ? ;o)

A little Canadian "local" "COULEUR" (F/C spelling :o) Why are Canadian's called Canucks? Ummm. Ver-y In-ter-est-ing !!!

Standard dictionaries like Chambers and the Oxford English Dictionary don't give an etymology.

Cassell's Dictionary of Slang and Eric Partridge's Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English think it may be a combination of 'Canadian' and 'Chinook', but this seems to be no more than a guess.

Cassell's also mentions a possible derivation through French from the Hawaiian 'kanaka', meaning man, but it doesn't say why the French should have transplanted a Hawaiian word to Canada.