Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:52:40 -0230
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: [NVC] Dept. of Wishful Thinking: Camping gadget for doing
              laundry

You know, laundromats are a really easy way to do laundry on the road!

And if you're at a campground anyway, the sink is pretty good too. For that matter, lots of campgrounds even have laundromats! No need to clutter your van with washing machines...

On the other hand, dumping soapy water into the environment might not be such a good idea, unless you're using biodegradable soap - available in camping goods stores for more than it costs to go to the laundromat (whose soapy water goes to the sewage treatment plant before it gets to the environment...).

Joy