Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:34:29 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: [WetWesties] Making a Living....
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Goldsmithing has possibilities if one has the skills, but if one has rock-hound experience then prospecting for gold and other minerals might have possiblities. Luck of the draw plays a part, but with applied intelligence luck can be bent in ones own direction. One of the biggest gold strikes in recent history in Alaska occurred just off the highway between Glenallen and Valdez when a gentleman stopped along the way and stepped off the highway into the brush for a whiz. While raising the water level in a very small crick - he spotted something glistening in the water and on inspection found it to be gold. Turned out there were acres and acres of gold bearing ground in that particular spot - just a very non-descript spot along the highway. He took samples, had it assayed, and filed a claim.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

craig cowan wrote: > I think someone mentioned much earlier on "what is it you used to do?" > I'd suggest you become a gold-smith out of your vanagon, but that's not > 'entirely' practical to everyone. > > Ken's idea of automatic transmission rebuilding is definately a good one! > There is a need, and the need will grow. Every automatic transmission that > hasn't exploded yet in a Eurovan is just waiting to..... > > Buying and renting Westy's is a viable option if your mechanically inclined. > As would be buying and reselling westys. I'm sure most of us have seen a > deal or two pass by and known we could turn a dollar on it if we'd just > fixed the simple things it needed..... > But again, if your not mechanically inclined, or are already trained as a > goldsmith, this isn't for you (Goldsmithing may be though). > > "Phish" is touring again. Just.....follow them. It's not really a "job" so > much as it's definately NOT a job, but many of the people that follow them > follow them as if it were there job. : ) > > -Craig > '85GL turned WESTY > Driving from PA to NV in May! > > > > On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 7:47 PM, neil N <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: > > >> From the looks of things, you've picked a good bunch for creative >> brainstorming. >> >> That sucks that your employment has ceased. Sorry to hear it. >> >> I saw a fellow who sold custom bent "Fork Art". He would pull up in >> his Vanagon, set up displays and bend the forks on site. All from his >> Vanagon. Super convenient. Open the slider, set up shop. People see >> the cool Vanagon and on and on. >> >> Here in Vancouver B.C. there's some kind of allowance for artisans or >> some such to do this kind of thing from their vehicle. >> >> Maybe start some kind of business like that? The Vanagon is a great >> visual allure. And possibly could become a great business write off. >> >> Cheers, >> >> Neil. >> >> On 4/3/09, Matt Drew <T3Vanagon@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> Call this a mass brainstorming session.... >>> >>> Just lost my job. >>> Love the Vanagon. >>> Anyone have any business ideas that you've come up with over the years >>> involving Vanagons? >>> >>> I've got nothing but time to put something together.... >>> >>> -- >>> Drew, Las Vegas >>> '90 GL "Blackbeard" >>> >>> >>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >>> >>> >>> >> -- >> Neil Nicholson '81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco" >> >> http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/ >> >> >> http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines >> >> > > >