Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:16:01 -0700
From:         Thomas Kitts <thokitts@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing the battery in '84 Vanagon . . .
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

Loren:

Wow, again, thanks for the quick answer. I'm a 90% kind of guy.

Last one:

Have called LeSchwab to get prices to test the batteries, to check for a line draw, and cost to replace both batteries if needed. $220 to do it all with group 41 batteries (650 cold cranking + 84 month battery life and I assume LeSchwab anywhere replacement in the PNW.)

WalMart has two group 41s I can buy off the shelf and install myself for $65 (650 cold cranking power + 24 month guarantee) but no check for unknown line draw or confirmation that the existing batteries are in fact dead.

What would you do? I'm leaning towards LeSchwab . . .

Thomas