Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:26:51 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: digifant injection

Yeah, it is that simple and it's an old system. It has a Z80 (or 8088) class microprocessor with an EEPROM (or ROM) that keeps the code the processor uses. No one needs to know what the processor do to make it an ECU. It just works and it is that simple. Sometimes I did wonder if the processor ever crashes and reboots like all PCs do. As long as it is a microprocessor it has to be able to crash and reboot without affecting the engine. Regardless it only knows two things or two dozen of things it has to crash and reboot sometimes. When the engine hi-cups it must be that the ECU has just crashed and rebooted...

David