Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:04:00 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 vs 2.1 identification
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

you tell by the engine number, or engine code ( two letters ) . it's stamped into the case right below the oil tower thing. ( it's on the crank pulley end of the engine, not on the top surface - very easy to see. It's where VW has put the engine number on their opposed four engines for 50 years or so. ) it's two upper case letters, followed by 6 digit number.

DH = 1.9 MV = 2.1

Scott Daniel Foss www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 7:58 AM Subject: 1.9 vs 2.1 identification