Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:42:54 -0400
From:         Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cross Country Travel Tips Wanted
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

Joy,

Thanks for all the great insights.

I too am not so sure if believe that all rest areas are death traps. But I will have to make those decisions based on what I see at individual location.

I was trying leave NY and get to Northern California for a big music festival called the High Sierra Music Festival. Its a 4 day camping and music fest. I am not going to stress about making thought. I want to enjoy the journey and not worry about the destination... I have waited 10 years to make this journey so I want to be about the experience of the people, places and the interactions along the way.

As I am not a mechanic, I just tinker with the van and try to fix things I know I am capable off so I am trying to be sure everything is tuned and replaced way before I leave so I can test it out. Make adjustments and have a safe, enjoyable, worry free trip.

I most definitely want to hit the national parks, yea I know it's going to be packed but the warm weather is the best time be there. Mind you it would have been nicer to be there when it was sweater weather but it will have to do. I could postpone the trip till the end of July or August but it would be even hotter then.

Did you ever have areas where there was no cell phone or internet service?

Thanks again.

Robert