Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:17:33 -0400
From:         Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cross Country Travel Tips Wanted
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Don,

Good points, Question on the fix a flat type products.

I have seen a product called Slime, looks like its a good product maybe better than fix a flat?

I have the Aluminum 14" wheels, will any of that stuff corrode the Aluminum?

Will it last for the trip or do I need to bring the tire to professional to repair it with a rubber plug afterwards?

I was talking with some traveler in Walmart and he said when had used it he never re-plugged it, just drove on it without any problems ever.

What's your thoughts?

Robert NY