Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:31:29 -0400
From:         Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cross Country Travel Tips Wanted
Comments: To: Bill Shawley <easywind1975@HOTMAIL.COM>

I know what you are saying about the wet spots. When I fill the gas tank it overflows out of the bottom. I had the reseal kit from Vanagain installed last year but the ignorant NYC mechanic I took it to did not install any of the new rubber they gave me! so now I have to have it all done again to reinstall the new rubber. Now I just know

how much to fill it and don't fill all the way to prevent the overflow.

Several years ago I lost my first Van a blue late model carat to an engine fire in Rockefeller center in NYC in Decemeber of 2001. It was

my worst nightmare come true. Right after 911 and news and tv were there. Tons of fire department people etc. I could have save the van if they let me close the rear engine bay hatch but thats another story.

To say the least I am very cautious with the leaks and looking under the van. I am having all my fuel lines replaced when we reinstall the

rebuilt engine. Also replacing the line that runs to the gas tank via

the firewall, making it continuous line, removing that plastic T. Also

replacing all the engine bay coolant hoses as well. Just replaced the

plastic coolant T last summer as it blew out on my as I was driving in

the mountains upstate to a concert. It sucked. I waited for AAA for 4

hours to be flatbed.

So I always looks. Does not matter if people think you are not nots, you just cautious and proactive so I hear ya.

Rob NY