Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:22:45 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: solar panels

Yes, if the cloud cover is light enough that your hand can cast a shadow, you'll get output from the panel. But darker than that and output tumbles quickly. For some, that's not an issue: they may have low energy requirements, drive frequently, or expect shore power. I'm just saying that folk sometimes expect miracles from PV panels. If someone is counting on being able to mount some panels atop their van, pull under some trees, or reckon that overcast isn't going to drastically cut back on their battery charging power, they may be disappointed.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano Bend, OR KG6RCR