Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:25:05 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 to 2.1 conversion question

Please, don't take the following personal!!! It as nothing to do with you choice or believed, but it's about my experience. Please don't put me back in the hole.... the black hole!

I hate 2.1L, why would i say that??? There must be a reason! (look at my rust post, that is one good reason!!)

Many talk about the 2.1L cooling improvement, what improvement?? Adding many hoses is certainly not one. Easier to bleed, sorry guys but that is BS. Oil cooler, BS, it doesn't need one!!!!! Subaru did the same stuff, wrong!

I crave for 2.1L ECU, i have 23 1.9L, WHY???

I crave for 2.1L harness, i have over 15 1.9L.

Those big main 1.9L coolant hoses in the engine bay, THEY NEVER GO BAD!!!

The frigging van as already enough coolant liquid and line, PLEASE don't add some for god sake.

Here i go again :-)

That was fun....

Ok, i will shut up.

Ben

1.9L rod, everything was design for that 1.9L, they go up 200cc and they mess everything they did before. DON'T USE THE SAME BOLT IF YOU INCREASE displacement!!!!