Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:26:13 -0400
From:         Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 Weekender FS
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com>

There were no Weekenders made in '85.

On 4/18/09, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com> wrote: > It has the pop-top (which is almost the same color as the body,) > matching pinstriping down the sides, Wolfsburg badges on driver and > pass sides, fridge mounted behind pass seat (currently missing, but > will come with the van,) jump-seat mounted behind driver > seat,shredomatic interior, plastic interior panels with table, rear > cabinets (one upper with AC and one on the side.) This is what I > always thought made a Vanagon a Weekender. If not, great, that's the > information I'm looking for.......... > Thanks, > Miguel > > On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Mike <mbucchino@charter.net> wrote: >> A "Weekender" doesn't have all the equipment that you're referring to. >>  Your model must be a "Westfalia Camper" factory conversion made by >> Westfaliawerke. >>  A Weekender was a limited edition, special model made by Volkswagenwerke >> (I'm assuming), and didn't have most of the camping equipment that a Westy >> did. >> >> Mike B. >> >> ----- Original Message ----- >>  From: Chris S >>  To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >>  Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:05 AM >>  Subject: Re: 85 Weekender FS >> >> >>  I had an '85 Wolfsburg Westy, and I never call it a 'weekender' ;-), >>  for 4 years as a daily driver.  It was clean and 100 pct original, >>  with a slight dent in the sliding door and door post to give it that >>  lived-in look.  Great vehicle!  I was not aware they had anything but >>  body-colored pop-top though.  The electric Dometic plug-in cooler was >>  pretty darn effective and the factory auxillary battery was a nice >>  plus, as well as the fluorescent interior light.  My children loved >>  the fold-out table where they sat for hours at a time playing games >>  while daddy was pursuing some distant dream of inexpensive Canadian >>  vacation.  I'd take another, but I'm addicted to the cabinets where I >>  hide all my junk, the slide-in middle seat, and the extra lean in >>  right-hand turns of my '84 Wolfsburg Westy. >> >>  On 4/16/09, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com> wrote: >>  > Guys, I was asked to facilitate the sale of a local van. The owner of >>  > a shop I sell  used Vanagon parts to, here in Durango, Co. contacted >>  > me, saying it looked very clean to him. I took a quick look this >>  > afternoon and just wanted to throw it out there before I do more >>  > research. It's an 85 Wolfsburg with only 74K on the clock, which the >>  > owner says are original. I am meeting with him tomorrow and will know >>  > more then. The other standout is that it appears to have a very clean >>  > body. It is a light yellow, with white pop-top. It has only the jump >>  > seat behind the driver side and, according to the owner, instead of a >>  > second jump seat, it came with the fridge, which is not in the vehicle >>  > at this time, because he gave it away. I insisted that, if he can do >>  > it, he should get it back and he says that he can. It has the corduroy >>  > interior and it has the fraying as would be expected. >>  > It just got new brakes, a tune up, etc...to the tune of 1100.00. I am >>  > fairly unfamiliar with what this year Vanagon should and shouldn't >>  > have, as far as stock vs otherwise and that's why I'm posting earlier >>  > than I should. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me >>  > with your questions. I will have pictures and more information up >>  > asap. I hope to come up with a fair asking price, based on your input >>  > and a bit or research. >>  > So heads up.....if you are in the market, let's start talking before I >>  > put it up FS at all the usual places. FYI On TheSamba, I advertised a >>  > pop-top for sale and not only sold it, but sold two Vanagons, one 2wd, >>  > the other a Syncro, plus threw in a bunch of other goodies. He happy, >>  > me happy. >>  > (970)903-8087 >>  > >>  > Thanks, >>  >             Miguel >>  > Down to one Syncro AW SVX (Fritz) and one 2wd (Baby) from eleven vans, >>  > two years ago >>  > >> >>  -- >>  Sent from my mobile device >> >>  Chris S. >>  Disclaimer: "Death and serious injury may occur" >> > > > > -- > Thanks, > Miguel >