Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Apr 2009 00:08:07 -0400
From:         Amy Miner <vanagonwestygirl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      New distributer

Hi, Just purchased a new distributer for our 87 Westy. Actually is was listed as rebuilt but it looks like its brand new from Bosch. The item description was complete distributer including hall sendor,dust shield,rotor and cap with protector. I am assuming the cap "protector" is the black plastic bit that fits over the distributer cap. Thats not my question though. When I pop off the cap,take off the rotor and dust shield to look down at the hall sendor I noticed it looks different. It does not go all the way around the shaft like it did before. This one appears to be smaller if it is an updated hall sendor. Has anyone recently purchased a new distributer and looked under the cap to see whats there? It appears like it has the proper contacts and electrical connections. Just much smaller. I can try and take some pictures and post them somewhere if need be. I won't be able to install it until next weekend,but if I am missing the proper hall sendor I need to order it Monday to have it in time. thanks for your time and any help that you can give. I also wanted to thank everyone for your generous offers a few weeks ago for the fuel injectors,especially Scotts VERY generous offer. While making some room in the garage I found a box full of parts and ended up with two complete sets. I sent the off to be professionallly cleaned,graphed and matched up in sets. I don't think they really rebuild them just clean the heck out of them. Save that discussion for another post as I need to solve the distributer mystery. Hey Shaggy,wheres Scooby we have a mystery on our hands!!!

Amy

P.S. Scott expect an email in the next few weeks to see if we can make an appointment with you as we travel this summer for an oil change. Also a general check up to make sure everything is up to snuff.