Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:42:01 -0600
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and
              ignored.
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Buses in Ruins - 2009 Campout Annoucement

Volks,

Maggie Dew and I hosted a Buses in Ruins Campout, an Archaeology themed event, in the Canyon Country of southeast Utah in Mid-October, 2008.

We had a ball and so did all the participants.

So with a few minor changes we are are hosting a 2009 event.

Last year we filled the 10 slots available within minutes of announcement and had to turn down many that were interested in attending.

A few days ago we sent a pre-announce notice to folks that asked to be put on a wait list and have already filled 8 slots.

Enrollment for the remaining 2 slots begins now and will be filled by drawing 2 names from those that reply within the next few days.

Buses in Ruins - 2009 Campout Date: October 04 - 10, 2009 Location: SE Utah

Here's some info and photos from last years event.

http://www.roadhaus.com/BusesInRuinsReport.html

http://tinyurl.com/5b797w

http://www.roadhaus.com/BusesInRuins.htm

Details on this years 2009 event

One of the changes we are making this years is to combine the 2wd and 4wd portions into one event so that all participants can visit all the ruin sites.

In order to accomplish this our goal will be to have a ~50% 4wd syncros attending along with ~50% 2wd vanagons.

This way we can double up on the rides to the trailheads and all participants will be able to see all sites.

Comments:

- There will be a limit of 10 vehicles / 20 People and registration is expected to fill quickly - This is "Land of No" style camping ... primitive but beautiful country. If you need it, bring it - We regret that for various reasons this has to be a No Dogs event. - Children under 12 are not recommended because of the difficulty of some trails, but please contact us if you would like to discuss an exception. - It is very important that everyone is in good physical condition and can handle hikes of 2-3 miles of moderate to difficult elevation gain.

- Cost is $100 per vehicle (non refundable) and 100% of the proceeds go to the Pay it Forward Fund (PiFF)

If you would like to enroll please email us today.

Once we confirm your enrollment we ask that you make a PayPal payment or send us a check for the enrollment fee.

More details will be available in the coming weeks for confirmed attendees on this years event.

larry & Maggie roadhaus.com