Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:41:25 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bad CV or Wheel Bearing?
Comments: To: Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@gmail.com>

No reflection on your skills as a Wrench but my rule is, when I have a problem with a vehicle I have just worked on recently, is to go back to what I just worked on and double check it, plus check everything I may have disturbed during that previous 'fix'. Often, I find I've not done something exactly right or I've 'knocked something loose' Don't rule out coincidence, either. It's possible the new problem is just that, a totally new problem. I once had my P-car up on a rack doing some alignment work and it wouldn't start after...I checked EVERY damn thing I could think of.that I might have bumped, I racked my own brain trying to figure what I'd done to make it not start.....until I finally, after about 3 days of looking, found that my car's Brain..The ECU which lived inside behind the fire wall well away from what I was working on..that had chosen the exact time while the car was up on the rack to fail..Coincidence.. Don Hanson