Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:57:16 -0400
From:         Marc Perdue <mcperdue@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Tank

Thanks for pointing out a very interesting fuel tank discussion. It made me start wondering though whether the fuel pump cavitation problems that people were claiming to have were actually that. I wonder if people actually did fuel pressure tests on their vans when they discovered the whiny fuel pump. Then too, I wonder if cleaning the electrical connections, per the earlier thread on this list, would have taken care of those noisy fuel pumps and that this was not in fact a problem of the 7 mm vs. 11 mm sort . . .

In at least one instance in the conversation on thesamba, it sounds like one of the people complaining of noise didn't install the crossover tube, which is installing the gas tank incorrectly. That same person was talking about trying to get their money back from Bus Depot because of the 7 mm outlet on BD's tank. So, does the OEM tank have an 11 mm outlet? If it's a 7 mm, then it seems to me the issues might not be so much tank-related . . . unless the interior design of the new tank is deficient, that is.

Just some random thoughts, observations, questions . . . Marc Perdue

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Jeffrey Lubin <visionwizard@verizon.net> wrote: > You may also want to consider whether to get the 7 mm or 11 mm outlet on > the tank. > See for example Ron Salmon's comment in the following thread on The Samba: > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=327521 > > > Bill Nagle wrote: >> >> Has anyone had experience with the fuel tanks from Bus Depot? Are they >> safe? Is it an easy install? I have an '85 Westy that is gunking up fuel >> filters too often >> >> Bill Nagle >> >> >