Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:22:21 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Which Fluid Brands do you use in the Van 2.1 L Auto High
              Milage
Comments: To: Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@mac.com>

I use the Prestone yellow premix which you can get at any Wal-mart and you don't have to worry about mixing it or bad water. Power steering- Dexron ATF only dude. Any brand will do. NO power steering fluid. Naughty, naughty! Red Line MT 90 is awesome for the differential side. ATF- Pick a brand. They are pretty much all the same. Oil- Castrol 10-40 until your engine is done breaking in (1000 miles or so) then 20-50.

Have fun!

Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

Robert Stewart wrote: > Hey everyone which Fluid Brands do you use in your Van? > > > My van is 2.1L Auto with rebuilt engine and rebuilt transmission. > > Note that I only want to use products which are commonly available on > road. Redline would be my only exception because you change the tranny > fluid every couple of years. > > Coolant: > What are peoples feedback on the Prestone Extended life or Dex Cool? > Which is better? > > PowerSteering Fluid: > I was using a Valvoline product which seemed ok. > > Transmission Fluid: > Red Line or something else? > > Gear Box Oil? > > > Oil: > Mobil 1 or Castrol? > Which grade? 5/30, 10W/40 etc.. > > Going to be driving cross country during the hot summer. > > > > Thanks to everyone for their feedback. > > Regards, > > Robert > 88 Auto Wolfsburg Auto > > >