Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:55:31 -0500
From:         joel walker <uncajoel@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Which Fluid Brands

> Sometime ago, Joel Walker posted a series on the latest in coolant > technology, > ... The series of msgs (five, long and comprehensive) are in the > archives, beginning > 12/03/06, under the subject, "which is the best coolant to use?"

hopefully ...someone in the meantime has come up with something we can use, and maybe it's even better. Shell has this Rotella antifreeze that is guaranteed for the big trucks for like 150,000 miles .... trouble is, that's only about six months in an 18-wheeler. :( so we don't know if it'll last ten years that it would take a vanagon to reach that miles. my guess would be no ... that we still need to replace the antifreeze/coolant every two years or 30,000 miles to get rid of acide buildup and depleted additives (like anti-corrosion). :(

unca joel