Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:01:42 -0700
From:         Zolly <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: SA Vanagon in Adventure mag
Comments: To: "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>

In South Africa there are no "Vanagons" by that name. It is a Microbus. And they don't have any Westfalia campers made of it. Although the population is very outdoorsy. Typically, they have a swimming pool in the yard, a gazibo for the barbeque, or "bryfleish" as they call it commonly in Dutch, many have tennis courts too. And for sport they are very often golfers. Youngsters are into cricket and rugby or running and cycling. No Westfalia campers yet in South Africa. And its a "no rust" country. Cars last forever there. The country is pretty much a mix between US and Europe with a large African black population, which is not the same as the American black population. When the economy is down, the crime is way up. Probably what's happening right now. I guess, I gave a little more info than you needed. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:40 AM Subject: Re: SA Vanagon in Adventure mag