Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:30:25 -0700
From:         Mister Tom <TomsGroups@SALICOS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looking for a PCB

Instrument cluster foil: It seems that it is not available as a replacement part. To get a replacement you have to buy a used instrument cluster. You frequently see them on eBay. One just now went for $100 with one bid. Another is available for much less but, guess what; the foil is questionable, eg eBay item # 260400571386.

I would jump on a cluster with non-working tach and speedo, if the foil was in good shape. I now have pieces of three clusters I use to keep mine working.

Yes, it is possible to replicate the foil with discrete wires, but for most of us that's a last resort scenario. Maybe a future cottage industry.

Good luck Tom Salicos

'87 Syncro Westy EG-33