Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 May 2009 12:55:23 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS 85 Wolfsburg Westfalia Without Kitchen W/73.4K
Comments: To: miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com>

The only problem with the Poptop Heaven ads is that they both say

*This 1986 Vanagon Weekender needs a good home and a warm garage to call her own. This van has been thoroughly inspected by Dick’s VW.

Work performed included: NEW RACK AND PINON ASSEMBLY, A CYLINDER LEAK DOWN AND COMPRESSION TEST, AND MUCH MORE! Over $6000 in work! *

I find that pretty hard to believe or maybe I'm getting old and cynical....

That being said I think you should be asking more like $12,500 - that's a great looking van =)

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM, miguel pacheco <mundopacheco@gmail.com>wrote:

> I just put it on TheSamba. Looking around, I see a couple FS by > PopTopHeaven. I know they are typically overpriced, but it makes me > wonder if I'm not asking enough........any advice appreciated! > Thanks, > Miguel > > > > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Chris S <szpejankowski@gmail.com> wrote: > > I finally had a chance to look at all the pictures. WOW! My '85 "Wolfy" > > resembled this condition 8 years ago when I bought it. This thing > deserves > > to be enjoyed and cherished. I am absolutely amazed how unhacked and > > unmodified it is! That is so refreshing. The underside coating is still > > intact and the cabinets are mmm-mmm-minty. The paint appears original in > > the pictures. Even the sider marker lights are unfaded and in good > > condition. The Westfalia factory ID on the passenger door shows its age, > > but the numbers are stil legible with a production date of 04/85. Hey, > this > > thing just turned 24! Even the Wolsfsburg Edition specific black window > > frames are unfaded. The radio is not original and the pop-top was > repainted > > at some point but those are very minor, in my opinion. The lighter > pop-top > > will reduce the solar loading on the interior, I presume. The missing > > Dometic electric fridge can still be sourced in good working condition > and > > it should be; they work rather well and cool down to around 40F on 12V in > > the summer. Interestingly the screw-down clamps are still there on the > > floor. Those appear to be 27x8.5 14 C-ply tires, which have a nice wide > > footprint and a weight capacity of around 1500lb each. Although slightly > > wide for the stock steel wheels, they actually work pretty well in the > > lighter Wolfsburg camper. These Westfalias are a joy to drive in the > > mountains without extra weight of the kitchen and this choice of tires > just > > adds to that experience. > > > > Again, I'm impressed. I didn't win the lottery so I won't be getting it, > > but someone should make an offer and take care of this highly original > gem. > > > >> > >> http://picasaweb.google.com/miguelspacheco/Apr302009# > >> > > > > > > -- > > Chris S. > > Disclaimer: "Death and serious injury may occur" > > > > > > >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie"

Crescent Beach, BC

www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27