Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 May 2009 19:13:42 -0700
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Surepower 1315 and charging issues
Comments: To: Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@GMAIL.COM>

Reasons like this are why they offer a 1314 model that only combines when the charging source is on a particular side.

Other reasons for the 1314 include people using solar panels since the 1314/1315 use power when combined and small solar panel users will not want to waste any power.

Mark

Keith Ovregaard wrote: > After reading the recent posts regarding the Surepower 1315, > Vitrifrigo, aux battery wiring, etc., I was curious if a battery > charger or Progressive Dynamics converter/charger would charge the > batteries separately or in the combined mode. So I went down to the > garage to grab my battery charger and volt meter. The charger was > connected directly to the aux battery terminals and then I metered the > two main terminals on the Surepower 1315. They read the same as the > charger voltage meter, so the batteries were combined. This is NOT a > good thing when you have a deep cycle battery in need of a good de- > sulfating charge. My starting battery is a plain old group 41 > Interstate. That got me thinking that I should install two battery > shut-off switches to manually isolate the two batteries. The switches > would also provide emergency shutdown of all 12 volt power and I > suppose it could be used as a theft deterrent, too. > > Any thoughts or experiences relating to this setup? > > > Keith O. > 90 Westy Syncro "VikingWagen" >