Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 May 2009 08:36:17 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Front heater cores ready next week

Just wanted to drop the list a note to say my front heater core project which was helped along but some list members, is nearing completion. I am having custom front heater cores made since the OEM front heater cores are NLA as of six months or so ago and there has never been an aftermarket source that I can find. I tried Germany and they have been out of stock for longer than we have. Anyway if you are contemplating doing the front heater core in your Vanagon any time soon I should have them available after next week. They are made completely out of aluminum and tig welded. I will post pictures on my site when they are done and I can take them. They are going to be sellng for $575 each. I know this is expensive but when you have to have something custom made it jacks the cost up. I am looking at an alternate supplier for them who may be able to do them cheaper however they would be made of copper and brass instead of aluminum and I am not sure if Vanagon owners (I didn't say anything about you being "ultra picky") would go for those because of the copper/aluminum mix (even though a proper antifreeze mix would stop any reaction). If you are interested in doing your core in the next six months please get in the waiting list line for these. We are going to only be making runs of three at a time to keep our overheat low. They will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

I just wanted to put this information out there. There are still many people out there who are unaware that they can't get the front heater cores any more and take their whole heater box apart before they decide to get a core only to find that they are out of luck. Don't let this happen to you.

Sincerely, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com