Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 2009 09:31:45 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      [Frydaye NVC] I'm on a mission

to stamp out HFCS - high fructose corn syrup.

Here's the deal.

I'm a diabetic, Type II - in good control with diet, have been for a number of years. I'm a member of a very unglamorus epidemic that is growing world wide. When diagnosed, I set out to learn as much as I could about this metabolic disorder. I am appalled at what I have learned. I could write books on the subject now -but knew nothing in the beginning. Diabetes is NOTHING like what I thought in the beginning. For Type II's, it is very much a part of a mixed bag of disorders called metabolic syndrome. And therein lies a hook.

Not to belabor the point, but to get to the point - dietary factors play a large influence, and one is the use of and high consumption of HFCS. It is in virtually every processed food product - fruit drinks, sodas, yogurt, ice cream, processed sandwich meats, cereals, etc, etc, etc. And it is poison!! It screws with your metabolism big time. Oh, it's very subtle, does it's dastardly work slowly - like arsenic. Then one day you wake up and find that your own body will not accept your own insulin so your cells can feed on the glucose it uses as energy.. Your cells begin to starve, so they turn to your stored body fat for energy producing ketone's that damage your kidneys, your damaged kidneys now cannot process your blood properly and your blood pressure begins to rise out of sight, and because your blood glucose has no place to go and is so high it starts dumping out through your kidneys, and because you are dumping glucose - a type of sugar - out of your body where it has no business being, yeast infections begin to take hold and abound, you begin to develop fatty liver disease which leads to cirrhosis of the liver and eventual liver failure, etc, etc. Part and parcel of all this is diet - and what is in the diet. And processed foods, and food additives like HFCS are a big part of the problem. . So, to get some insight to protect your self - get rid of anything that says HFCS - high fructose corn syrup - on the label. Protect yourself, your family, your children.

Here is a link to a short article that elucidates the problem pretty clearly in just a couple of short paragraphs. Read and be enlightened.

Fructose-Sweetened Drinks Up Metabolic Syndrome Risk *http://tinyurl.com/d8qq24* http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/fructose-sweetened-drinks-up-metabolic-syndrome-risk.html?nlcid=di|04-28-2009|

I wish the best for you all - avoid this HFCS stuff like the plague it is! It is not found in nature, and is a highly processed, manufactured sweetener ten times sweeter than sugar - and it hooks you.

*Please keep reply's off list.*

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver