Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 2009 11:12:24 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Body upgrades

I painted my silver Westy windows and it didn't work. It stayed on for a while but the paint already on the frame is difficult to make new paint stick to. It looks like its anodized or powdercoated to me but I could be wrong. That, and the fact that you will not be able to get into all the nooks and crannies (English muffins?) led me to my Plan B, which was to buy used black sliders and put them in. They can be had for as little as $100 a set and are really not that hard to put in. Easier than pulling the windows apart and removing seals and sanding down every inch of two windows. I put the 50-50 windows in my Westy and I like them a lot more than the 70-30 stock windows. They open further! Duh! I need to make my own screen but that's no big deal.