Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 May 2009 13:30:20 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon minds lend me your ears?
Comments: To: Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>

If you have a vehicle wiht the 1.9L engine - disconnect the O2 sensor and observe the effect. If you have 2.1L engine - disconnect the idle stabiliser valve on the top of the engine. Observe the effect. If the problem continues - disconnect the O2 sensor and observer the effect. If the problem stops reconnect the idle stabiliser valve. In both cases - 1.9L or 2.1 L if the O2 sensor shows a fault, simply replace it.

If the problem persists, check out the ignition system.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Bernie wrote: > Hello All, > I would appreciate any input regarding a problem we are experiencing on the > road > in Port Townsend. > Leaving Vancouver vehicle stalled at a stoplight. > We continued on highway and it ran fine for awhile and then we experienced > little > fraction of a second engine misses that came and went and didn't slow us > down. > This was an intermittent problem. > Just little hiccups. > We continued on our way and we were able to get here but these little misses > continued. > Yesterday in Port Townsend, when going down a hill, the engine just cut out > entirely. > I pulled over and restarted it. It just felt like someone turned engine off. > I have been guilty of having a large number of keys on ring and I have heard > that this > can cause a ignition issue could this be a factor? > It ran the rest of yesterday and is running today with only the little > misses. > This is the first trip since I changed the plugs to NKG. > Could it be the plugs? > This is also the first trip since a coolant hose broke and had to be dealt > with but that wouldn't > be related at all would it? > At any rate we are going to try and limp back to Vancouver but does anyone > have any ideas > to share. > I would really appreciate any input? > Thank you for reading. > > Bernie > > >