Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 May 2009 07:15:00 -0700
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mean Email from the Samba member
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

Ken, Don't let it bother you. The Samba is full of tire kickers and people wishing they had a van. Craig's List is even worse. I now have a thirty day rule with the Samba...if not sold in 30 days I pull the ad. I watch the classifieds on there closely, the good stuff goes in hours after posting. I have sold many parts and complete vans in the last 12 years and get an email like the one you received at least once a month. I give it a big "whatever". Keep doing what you have been doing..... ________________________________ From: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 7:49:29 AM Subject: Mean Email from the Samba member I have had my sister's 88 Westy listed on the Samba for over a year now.  It is a very nice 88 Westy with almost exactly 100k miles on it, tons of work done (all documented), and Go Westy metal bumpers on it. Before our economic slow down I would have been able to quickly sell it for around $17k maybe even a little more.  Since then, it is just sitting here and I am in no real rush to sell it.  My sister is not financially strapped, I am not either and the van is being used about once a week so it isn't just sitting here rusting.  This morning I get a taunting email from someone on The Samba scoffing at my price for the van and telling me that they contacted me back in December about it and now it is May and it still hasn't sold.  In the first place, why should they care?  In the second place December isn't the time of year that vans sell anyway, now is.  In the third place I wouldn't sell the van to this idiot now for $1 million bucks.  Why do people have to feel that they need to comment when they think your van price is too high?  I have had this happen more than once.  Another time a guy called me on the phone, long distance, merely to tell me that I was asking way to much (for a van that I sold at that price a few weeks later I might ad).  Why do people act this way?  Once I asked the person, OK how much would you give me for it?  They had no money and no intention of buying a van, they just wanted to scoff and harass me about my price.  I have never been able to figure out this kind of rude behavior.  For the most part the VW community and Vanagon community has nice folks in it.  Every once and a while you run into a jerky boy.  I guess this guy was just this summer's jerky boy.  Now I can relax and not worry about meeting another one until next spring :-) Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com