Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 May 2009 10:50:55 -0700
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      2009 Mudfest Campout: May 22-May 25 (Oregon)

(Thought I'd share this with the Vanagon list. This is a Wetwesties.org event that will be held near Corvallis, OR. Please join us!)

It's time for another annoucement:

Ok, there really is no mud at Mudfest. It's just a holdover name when the first one was held on April 15th. That *was* muddy. The name stuck, but the mud didn't. It actually was originally named "Tax Relief Campout".

New this year: I'll foot the bill for the porta-potty, so no donations requested. My goal is to provide a totally free Wetwesties camping experience with zero hassles.

The 2009 Mudfest (f.k.a. the Tax Relief Campout) Memorial Day Weekend (May 22,23,24,25) Keiger Island 2114 SE Powells Rd. Corvallis OR 97333

Campout Details: 10 private acres outside of Corvallis -- no rangers, no hassles,etc. There will be fire, there will be silliness, there may even be live music! (Note to musicians: bring your instruments.) There will be lots of room for parking as well. There is even access for the moderately adventurous to a side channel of the Willamette River for kayaks, etc.

This campout will be held on private property, so there will be no electricity or water available, but, after all, the camping is FREE. Saturday night potluck, as always -- if you have a folding table and/or folding canopy, please bring them! We can construct our own meeting hall.

Mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=2114%20Se%20Powells%20Rd&city=Corvallis&state=OR&zipcode=97333%2d9433&country=US&geodiff=1

Directions: Once in Corvallis, head south on 3rd St (Aka HWY 99 W). About a mile or so out of Corvallis, look for SE Kiger Island Rd on your left. Turn left and stay on Kiger Island Rd. for 2.1 miles. Turn right on the Powells Rd.(we will have this marked with a VW sign of some sort). This is a gravel Rd. Go about .2 mile, and look for another VW sign, and take a left. We will have some sort of "road" marked to get out to the camping area, which is behind the house. My cell number is 541.619.6490 if you get lost. Also, Powells Rd. is a loop, so go the full 2.1 miles before looking for Powells. If you take the Powells right about 1.5 miles into it, you can still get there, you just need spend more time on the gravel road, and take a right instead of a left. Taking a look at the mapquest map is suggested!

Dogs are welcome, BUT MUST REMAIN ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES!!! No exceptions.

Jon