Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 May 2009 08:40:33 -0700
From:         Zoltan <thewestyman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      German way, the engine comes out easy
Comments: To: VWBrain@aol.com

That's correct. The fact is, that we are Volkswagen people, meaning that we are frugal and self supportive, solving our own problems the least expensive way. Most of these members are willing to do everything on these engines, including taking it out and fixing whatever if they have the right tools and it's not beyond their capabilities. VW has a similar design for the Jettas. This is small enough to even carry around if wanted to as I do when I go to install an engine somewhere in the country. It is definitely designed for the driveway, but many shops want it too when they don't have the lift available and the engine can be removed in the yard just the same.

Sure, just to work on the exhaust system, it is much easier to work from under, standing under the car to change a header or a muffler. You don't need to take the engine out for that, of course. But to say that one has to take the exhaust system out first and then remove the engine, is ridiculous. It is much easier to remove the exhaust system when the engine is out and is on an engine stand where you can turn it anywhere.

Ever since I made this engine lifter, the job became a non-issue. More like pleasure and fun. For the average man, it is a blessing, it is a gift from above. Suddenly changing the head gaskets becomes a weekend job. That's what the average man wanted. And it lifts up the rear end of the transmission also, thus one man can do that job much easier without exerting self too much. Enjoy, Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: VWBrain@aol.com To: thewestyman@gmail.com ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:50 AM Subject: Re: Removing engine the German way

In a message dated 5/19/2009 6:05:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, thewestyman@gmail.com writes: My Lord! I don't believe that I am reading this. What a terrible advice to give. Taking the engine out is about ten times easier that taking the exhaust system off while its in the car. The whole thing must come out all-together. hey zoltan your system is great for driveway work. But I use a lift and it is easier to remove the exhust with the bus in the air working from underneath. Something tells me that the germans probably use a lift also and a floor jack to remove the engine. later mark d

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell's full line of laptops.