Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 May 2009 21:16:35 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fridge blows out while driving....
Comments: To: RAlanen@aol.com

Well today I had a chance to compare a few things to some other westies.... First and foremost, which I believe to be at the cause of my fridge blowing out, is my flew vent. The plate which is held in place against the exhaust section of the fridge vent between the exhaust and the flu-cover (it's a flat plate somewhat "suspended") is not being held on tightly. I had no idea that the large amount of wobble in mine was not normal! Sure enough, all the other westies I looked at today had tightly in place plates. Being as my entire intake and exhaust track is well sealed now, this must be the source of the problem. Let me know what you guys think. It's just a theory at this point, but I have a solid Milimeter between the plate and the exhaust section it sits against (If i fiddle with it).

The second question would be.... Does anyone have a spare lying around? Let me know what they're going for. I would love to have this system running well on propane for my upcoming 2400 mile journey!

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back.