Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 May 2009 15:04:00 -0500
From:         Alan Felder <dieseldoofus@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Front Suspension - Screws

I am working on the front suspension of my 82 Diesel Westy, and have a question about some of the parts which I may not want to disassemble (to find out about).

At the lower arm 251 407 153 B, there are three M10x80 Hex Head Screws N 010 480 2 on each side, which hold together the lower arm, the ball joint retainer 251 407 177 and the radius rod 251 407 059. It is obvious that the lower arm is not threaded for these bolts but are the other parts? Or, once the self-locking nuts are off and lots of penetrating oil later, will they slide (or punch) out the top or do they have to be un-screwed?

So far, I have broken off the head off of one on the right side and the threaded extension with the nut on the other.

-- Not all those who wander are lost