Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 May 2009 11:57:43 -0700
From:         Matthew Snook <matt@SNOOKSBAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas mileage city vs. highway

Town driving is a small part of my driving, at most. It seems that I'm always going 50+ miles. I try to baby my gas pedal, and for the last month or two I've been getting only 18 mpg, which was really irritating since I'm always trying to squeeze the most out of it. This last trip (360 miles) I got 22 - which has never happened, and probably won't again. I try for 20, and most of the time it's not quite there 19 +/-. Back in February I got not quite 17 for a while, that was the worst it's been. The trouble is, I haven't really changed anything. Maybe there were more city miles in there than I think. It seems that no matter what time of day I hit Portland, it's stop and go traffic anymore. :(

Matt '84 Westy (1.9 w/manual)