Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 May 2009 14:57:56 -0700
Subject:      Re: high wattage  light bulbs  - A caution
Comments: To: Jeff <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>

LED tail lights or brake lights?  I think if the BRAKE lights are bright enough to get your attention NOW then they do their job - also LEDs turn on *much* faster than traditional bulbs.  If you install LEDs in a vanagon housing they are these annoying points of light you see on all the new cars, just a bright, fast switching light which is what you want.

David Marshall VW Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider http://www.hasenwerk.ca

On Mon, May 25, 2009 13:23, Jeff wrote: > > The LED brake lights on the new cars can be really annoying, especially > the > new Cadillacs. I get really pissed when I get stuck behind one of those > in > a traffic jam. Way too bright. > > Cheers, > > Jeff > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > David Marshall > Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:04 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: high wattage light bulbs - A caution > > I also find it annoying as hell following someone with mega bright tail > lights.  I think it is real danger.  Tail lights should be > normal brightness.  By all means have the brake lights mega bright to > get someone's attention, but if the difference between tail lights and > brake lights is small and someone is already POed about the bright tails > and now isn't looking directly at you as it is too bright, they might not > notice the brake lights when they go on. > > LED lights for brake > lights work fantastic! > > Just my two cents worth! > > David Marshall > VW Adventure Driver and BMW Adventure Rider > >