Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 May 2009 04:52:28 -0400
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: front wheel bearings...chassis # location?
Comments: To: pepperd <heymrpep@YAHOO.COM>

in addition to the comments you have already received the chassis number is printed in a white paper sticker. the sticker should attached to the reinforcement cross member that runs under the dash from one side of the van to the other. it should be right above the peddle assembly if i remember correctly. the tag should have other info like the paint code on it.

some random bearing number junk for you from my archives. these are probably numbers i recorded when i did the bearings on my 83.5 wasserboxer van.

Wheel Bearings (Front) all bearing numbers are standard regardless of manufacturer

80-84 Vanagon small bearing, outer bearing

VW 211 405 645D this number is for a set. Bearing Timken LM11949 Race Timken LM11910

80-84 Vanagon large bearing, inner bearing

VW 113 517 185C this number is for a set. Bearing Timken LM300849 Race Timken LM300811

jonathan