Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 May 2009 14:34:21 -0700
From:         Danny <bruiserbabie@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Spare tire storage
Comments: To: colorworks@GCI.NET

You could just use your 14" wheel and factory tire for the spare. Remember it is only to get you to where you can have your 16" repaired or replaced. Don't get me wrong I have 16" wheels and tires on my van and have a matching wheel and big 225-70 tire, but I have a rear swing tire holder. Before that I used my 14" spare and I had to use it one time and it worked fine. It drove kinda funny but it got me to where I could get the other fixed. That's just my thought and my experience but the bracket is also a good idea.......   http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=552562

Danny '84 Westy (Vanny)