Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 2009 10:19:44 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: I-4 coversion developing power troubles
Comments: To: Dave Woolridge <Dave.Woolridge@MI.MUN.CA>

I have a Tiico, which is similar, but not identical to your conversion. Engines are simple. Fuel, Air, and Spark. I would throw in one other factor...exhaust. It sounds like you have looked at the first 3, but NOT the last. A clogged catalytic convertor or exhaust system could account for your problems. If you had poor emissions and potentially poor fuel economy but overall good power, then you could have a vacuum leak, or a bad O2 sensor, but with poor acceleration you are either not getting enough fuel/oxygen, or aren't able to remove burnt vapors. If the exhaust system is good, look at the fuel filter.