Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 May 2009 15:59:07 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1 ring recommendations
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

if the main goal is to replace the black o-rings at the bottom of the cylinder barrels..... those can be replaced without taking the pistons out of the cylinders ....... and even without removing the pistons & barrels from the rods. I've done it. the black o-rings will stretch enough to to fit over the cylinder barrel. you do have to lift the barrel up some ........just be careful it's not enough to pull the barrel off the piston .

if it's only 30K miles on a rebuild...... and the cylidner walls look very nice. I would be inclined to not disturb the pistons and rings at all. Like don't remove the pistons from the barrels. The pistons and barrels hardly wear, seems to me. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:48 AM Subject: Re: 2.1 ring recommendations