Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 May 2009 22:43:11 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear eveloptor housing

Wasn't an eveloptor a nasty little dinosaur that would jump up really high and whack off a caveman's head with its hind claw?

Grebneff is choking on his beer right about now...

I assume you're talking about the a/c evaporator housing. IIRC the bulk of the weight of that thing is supported by the pillar covers on each side; however you're right that if those 'ears' on each side are broken off it's a right beeatch for one person to hold that thing back up there to put the covers back in place. It's a difficult job for one person anyway. I once had to use my head (well after I should have) to hold it up while I put it back together. Your best bet is to bribe a friend to help you, and you may want to construct some kind of support to put under it while you're working on it.

I decided to fabricate something temporary to help hold up the front of the case, and I wound up putting a shelf across there for a pair of speakers and so the kids could stick things on it (like their stuffed animals or whatever) while we were on trips.

You can see that here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/garciasghostvw/SpeakerShelf#

Temporary is evidently six years and counting, but the point is that you could do something similar to fashion a support there if you wanted to.

Hope that helps.

Cya, Robert