Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 May 2009 17:34:06 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: sliding door issue, 81 Air Cooled.
Comments: To: vanagonvw <vanagonvw@GMAIL.COM>

On May 23, 2009, at 4:31 PM, vanagonvw wrote:

> When pull down the handle, the latch opens, and previously, the door > would > pop away from the van at the rear, and I could just slide it open. > What > happens now, however, is when I pull down the handle, the latch > opens, and > the rear of the door pops about half an inch, and I have to reach > back and > pull it out, at which point, it slides nice and easy to the fully open > position.

Oil the link. At the door and at the roller mechanism.

Helps to remove the track cover. Two screws. Up from underneath. One fore and one aft. If it's not been removed recently, a chunk of 2x4 and a hammer will help persuade it. If you've not removed it before, remove the screws, pull the bottom away from the tabs from which you removed the aforementioned screws, place 2x4 flatwise against the bottom of the cover and persuade it up off the top clips.

Once you have the cover off, where to oil becomes obvious. I consider it to be yearly maintenance.

Jim