Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 May 2009 18:09:55 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Electrical question (non-starting)

Thanks for the info. I didn't get to the pin/current check; I pulled the connectors out of the panel and checked the wires visually and with a meter, plugged them back in and it started, tho grudgingly. In a way I'm not surprised. I had to jiggle the key a bit but it starts. Since both ignition switches are over 20 years old I'm going to get replacements. I have a number of other things to do while waiting for parts so I'm going to leave the panel down and check everything as you suggested with the new switch in. Guess I need to study up on reading those wiring diagrams as well.

Cya, Robert