Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 May 2009 21:14:31 -0700
From:         Doug <shirewood@WILDBLUE.NET>
Subject:      Re: experience with GoWesty wheels
Comments: To: Warren Lail <wklail@GMAIL.COM>

Funny you should ask.... I bought a full set of their 15 inch wheels and Hydroedge tires. I really like the handling characteristics and looks BUT I took a trip up to Canada in April and had a blowout. My 14 inch spare was scary, cracks in the sidewall and minimal tread, but we made it to a Kal's tire dealer who went the extra miles to get us back on the road. I didn't have any of the paperwork on the tires with me so I ended up buying another hydroedge tire. When I returned home I called GoWesty and they said I would have to send the blown tire back to them and they would send it to Michelin to determine if it was caused by a road hazard, which they don't warranty the tires against. I'm still waiting for the verdict. I was waiting to inform the list until I knew the outcome. But since you asked..... If they do send me a replacement I'm going to mount it up and carry it as a spare on a rear spare carrier. I will forward more news as it unfolds. Doug E. '84 Van-Go '67 vw convertible Vert-i-go

----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren Lail" <wklail@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:44 PM Subject: experience with GoWesty wheels