Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 May 2009 23:08:11 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gowesty wheels
Comments: To: Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>

The size of the wheel is not the issue for the brakes. The outer diameter of the tire is what will affect braking and acceleration. You need larger than 14" wheels if you want larger brakes but a larger wheel itself doesn't require anything different for the brakes.

For stock gearing, engine and brakes the 27" tire is really the upper comfortable limit.

Dennis