Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2009, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 May 2009 04:23:32 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <dimwittedmoose@CFU.NET>
Subject:      WI  Westy sitting in Cedar Falls VW Dealer?

Noticed a white 86-88(?) chrome bumpered Westy with Wisconsin plates on it and wondered if it was a list member? Between Mr. Brase and myself, we could probably get him on the road again and avoid the high priced labor charges that the dealers like to charge. The parts guy at that dealer likes Vanagons, but I can't speak to the mechanics' knowledge of them. It's rare to see one parked out back like that. I live like a mile away from there. Nice Rhein alloys on the rig and it's not too rusty for a WI vehicle. First time I've seen the Rheins up close and they are tempting. The Goodyear tires on it are cracking at the sidewalls and show a 94 for the load rating and that would scare me and lead me to the conclusion that maybe this owner is not a list member or at the very least, ignores all the tire threads.

DM&FS