Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:54:46 -0400
From:         mordo <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: UPDATE: Tire Info: Nexen SV-820
Comments: To: Matt Drew <t3vanagon@gmail.com>

I also go them installed recently. I agree, a good tire at a good price. The difference in ride between these and the previous 205 passenger tires on my bus is night and day. As an aside - and I know you'll all be dismayed at this, the ORIGINAL Michelin tire was still on the spare wheel. No, I had never looked at it in 3 years ownership. Heh.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Matt Drew <t3vanagon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Volks- > > Had the tires swapped-out this morning and have been driving on them for > the > past few hours . . . > > And the difference is unbelievable! > It's as if I'm driving a completely different Van! > > Immediately noticeable differences: > * Ride is NOTABLY smoother. Like going from a tank to a t-bird. > * I could immediately feel that the ride was more stable. The last tires > were extremely mushy, especially in side wind. > * Road vibration was extremely bad before. Now, non-existent. > * Brakes have been squeaking and squealing since the last tires were > installed. It's as if the mushy tires were almost collapsing and forcing > weird angles on the mechanics. > > Bottom line is that these are the tires I wanted all along! > I'm gonna keep the Van rolling on this model until I make the upgrade to > 15". > > $64 From Tire Works. > They don't (at least 'round these parts) keep them in stock, but they can > get 'em lickity-split. > > FWIW > > -- > Drew, Las Vegas > '90 GL "Blackbeard" > > > > On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Matt Drew <t3vanagon@gmail.com> wrote: > > > After receiving some words of warning from a few different list members, > > and given the recent (and ongoing) tire discussion, I did some more > research > > on the new tires that I'm having installed. > > > > Check out the link below to GermanSupply.com. > > Information is specific to Vanagons. > > > > "About 40% less than the Michelin Agillis, but with the exact same specs. > > An excellent buy." > > > > > > > http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/product.php?productid=16978&cat=446&page=1 > > > > -- > > Drew, Las Vegas > > '90 GL "Blackbeard" > > >

-- mordo 1990 Carat