Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jun 2009 20:29:22 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fri insurance talk
Comments: To: Randy Wiederhold <randywiederhold@yahoo.com>

I'm not an expert by any means but take a look at http://gerry.vanagon.com/files/auto-insurance-madness.html

Rob

At 6/5/2009 03:12 PM,Randy Wiederhold wrote: >I just had the insurance adjuster look at my (84' Wolfburg >Westfalia) Its completely drivable, but he thinks the estimate will >exceed salvage value. (There are three panels dented which would be >replaced and a few that could be banged out.) > >Any hints to make sure that the insurance sets a good salvage >value? I want to fix it and keep it. > >Randy (84' Westy 'Jenny Jenkins') > >145 6th Avenue. #1 >San Francisco, CA 94118 > > > >From: Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET> >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Sent: Friday, June 5, 2009 1:58:27 PM >Subject: Fri insurance talk > >Had a lot of wind last night and a tree from the neighbors yard came >down. Landed on the 91 Jetta and the corner of the garage. The Jetta >is toast as you can't close the sunroof or the drivers window, can't >open the drivers door. It still runs but it's done for as my 'other' car. > >If my '84 Westy had been parked in its spot (I drove it to work) it >would have taken the tree too. > >I talked with my insurance people today, the tree falling was "an act >of God" so it's my problem. The damage to the garage is a lot less >than the $500 deductible and all I have on the Jetta is public >liability. Maybe I can take some of this off my taxes next year? > >I hate learning about insurance.... and I have redo my VW signature >line. Anybody need a Jetta parts car? > > > >Rob ><mailto:becida@comcast.net>becida@comcast.net > >'91 VW Jetta & an '84 Westy in western WA > > >No virus found in this incoming message. >Checked by AVG - www.avg.com >Version: 8.5.339 / Virus Database: 270.12.54/2157 - Release Date: >06/05/09 17:55:00