Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jun 2009 12:56:22 -0600
From:         Warren Lail <wklail@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      GoWesty wheels

As promised, I am following up on my GoWesty wheel deal. I received the 16 x 7.5 rims yesterday. They are presumably manufactured by Hankook because that is what is contained in the warranty info (wheel warranty is 4 years). So I guess that if Hankook tires are okay, then their wheels ought to be okay as well.

I ordered a set of Michelin Hydroedge 215/65R/16 tires from Tire Rack. After a good discussion on this list, it became apparent to me that the tires being offered by Gowesty (Hydroedge 215/60/16) lacked the proper load rating. Thanks for all who gave input on the tire situation.

I had the tires and wheels mounted this morning and thus far have driven about 50 miles. Handling is improved, especially in corners. I have them at 40 psi, which may be a little high and causing a bumpy ride, but I didn't want them to be mushy in the turns.

The wheels are beautifully finished and the tire/wheel combination makes my bus look great. No clearance problems anywhere. Just a cool look and good handling.

Warren in Santa Fe 88 Westy Subie 2.2