Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:01:19 -0300
From:         Carlos & Margaret de Carvalho <marcarde@NS.SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Help - clutch-master/slave cylinder? gone in Edmonston New
              Brunswick
Comments: To: Greg <sorkilmo@GMAIL.COM>

Ilive near Halifax and can tell you where to get help if you give me a call at 902 826 2497. Carlos From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Greg Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 6:41 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Help - clutch-master/slave cylinder? gone in Edmonston New Brunswick

Hey list,

I think my clutch master or slave cylinder went on me this morning in New Brunswick. The clutch pedal is all the way up and hard like rock. Does not operate clutch. I fooled around with the slave cylinder and pulled the slave plunger bit off the clutch lever. Clutch pedal still hard like rock. My brake/clutch fluid level is normal. I am heading to Halifax - have to have my wife there by tomorrow morning. I was thinking about driving it there. I can start it in first and shift though all the gears. I do hear a squealing noise (not all the time) (seems to go away at speed) and I am wondering what this might be. Any advice would be appreciated. Mechanics in the area? Part #'s ? How hard is it to replace these cylinders? Can it be done in a parking lot by someone with a bit of mechanical skill. I gather bleeding the system would be involved. I see there are two guys on the rescue squad list in Fredericton. I will try to reach them also.

Thanks a bunch, Greg S. 87 Wolfsburg Ottawa Ontario